Institute of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania announces second competition for Juliusz Bardach award. The award is given for the best master and doctoral work written on the problems of the state, legal and cultural heritage of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in the 19th-20th century, as well as on similar issues related to the history of at least two coutries of the lands of former Grand Duchy of Lithuania – Belarus, Lithuania, Poland and Ukraine .
Deadline for submission – December 15, 2015.
A commission created by the Institute will announce the list of the works nominated for the award until 5 January 2015. The authors of the texts will be invited to Warsaw, where on January 22, 2016 the award ceremony will take place.
Rules of submission:
Juliusz Bardach award established by the Institute of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania is given for doctoral (PhD) and master’s (as well as an equal to master’s) works devoted to the ideas of the GDL.
- The prize is aimed at promoting research on GDL heritage, its state, legal and cultural traditions.
- Priority is given to work on the state, legal and cultural traditions of GDL as well as continuation of the tradition of GDL in the 19th and 20th century. In addition, texts on the history of at least two countries, formerly parts of the GDL (Belarus, Lithuania, Ukraine) and Poland can be considered.
- The works submitted for the award may relate to various branches of the humanities and social sciences, and especially history, political science, art history, philology, sociology, history of state and law, and geography.
- award may be granted to a citizen of a country that offers a doctorate (PhD) or Master’s (equivalent to Master’s) work. Terms of submission is announced each time by an information letter.
- Award can be given to the work which was defended in the past two years.
- Nominations for Award can be submitted by the candidate or the institution (department, faculty, research center, etc.) after obtaining the consent of the candidate.
- The works can be written in Lithuanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Russian or English.
- The electronic version of the work, as well as the recommendation of the head (for doctoral and master works), or reviewer (only for master) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winners of the first, second and third place will be chosen by a scientific committee appointed by the Institute of GDL.
- For more information, please visit the Institute of GDL website www.ivkl.lt or contact Rūstis Kamuntavičius +370 686 31146, email@example.com