Institute of Political Studies “Political Sphere” – research and expert institutions (Vilnius-Minsk, Belarus-Lithuania)
Objectives of the institute:
- The systematic study of politics and society of Belarus and the Central and Eastern Europe.
- Formation of the professional community of researchers of politics in Belarus, building the necessary infrastructure for their professional activities.
- Integration of Belarusian researchers in regional, European and international academic context, and promotion of joint research activities.
December 2001 – the foundation of the journal of political studies “Political Sphere”.
2001-2006 – activity of the journal community at the Belarusian State University (Department of Political Science of the Faculty of Law).
2006-2009 – activity of the journal community at the European Humanities University, Lithuania (Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science).
September 2009 – the foundation of the Institute of Political Studies “Political Sphere”on the basis of journal community.
March 2011 – signing of the agreement on academic cooperation with Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania).
The main activities:
Research and expert activities:
- Political studies, with a special focus on empirical research and quantitative methods.
- Sociological, history and culture studies.
- Policy studies.
- Publication of the journal of political studies “Political Sphere” (biannual).
- Publication of English-language journal Belarusian Political Science Review (annual).
- Publication of monographs, translations, anthologies in political science and other social sciences.
Conferences and public events:
- Administration of the International Congress of Belarusian Studies (annual).
- Academic thematic conference (annual).
- Regular methodological seminar.
Activities for the development of the academic community and education:
- Administration of the international PhD-program.
- Administration of the educational programme “European Union: Politics, Economy, Culture” at the Belarusian Collegium
- Public lectures.
- Special training courses.
- Reviewing the academic and expert publications.