Organising Committee of the International Congress of Belarusian Studies announces a call for individual applications for the 5th Congress, which will take place on 2-4 October 2015 in Kaunas, Lithuania.
Application deadline is 18 May 2015.
The congress is the most representative annual academic and expert event of Belarus. It gathers all main intellectual centres, which study Belarusian politics, society and culture. Besides, the congress presents a fine opportunity to develop new viable research and civil projects, exchange opinions and ideas, establish informal contacts with experts and academics from Belarus and other countries.
Mission of the Congress is to develop a community of scholars, analysts and experts, and to promote a deeper understanding of Belarus in academic and civil communities of the country, region and world.
You can participate in the Congress as a speaker (in this case you need to submit an abstract of your paper 2-4 thousand characters long) or a guest without a paper. You can also apply for presentation of academic and cultural projects, publications, exhibitions etc. Journalists and media representatives are encouraged to participate in the event.
Please follow the link to choose a registration form.
The list of thematic sections for individual applications:
- Political Institutions. Economic Policy
- International Relations and Foreign Policy
- Science and Education
- History of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- Book Culture of Belarus: History and Theory
- History of Belarus of the 19th and 20th centuries
- Literature Studies and Linguistics
- Philosophy Studies and Intellectual Tradition of Belarus
- Current State, Problems and Prospects of Development Psychology in Belarus.
- History of Church
- Modern Belarusian Culture
- Anthropology, Ethnography and Preservation of Historical and Cultural Heritage
- Gender Rules: Discources, Policies and Practices.
- Legal Studies and Human Rights
To see a detailed list of thematic sections and panels please follow the link.